Alpine WSG (Water-Soluble Granules) is an odorless and non-staining pesticide that effectively eliminates pests. The granules dissolve in water to produce a solution that can be used indoors and outdoors to control pests. The question, though, is, is Alpine WSG safe for pets?
Is Alpine WSG Safe for Pets?
Yes, Alpine WSG is safe for pets and humans when used per the label’s instructions. The product has a low toxicity level making it ideal to be used indoors, including in the kitchen and other sensitive places. However, to be safer, it is vital to keep your pets outside the treatment area until the product dries completely. This will help avoid cases of inhalation that can lead to health problems.
Alpine contains non-repellent active ingredient, Denoteforum, that kills insects by disrupting their nervous system. It inhibits the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors that later paralyze the insect, killing it within minutes. One thing to note is that the rate at which the pesticide works on an insect depends on factors such as the severity of pests and the concentration level.
Since some pest control products can be dangerous, you may also want to try an alternative to ensure you eliminate pests from your house completely. Self Control Pest offers an ideal commercial grade product that eliminates pests such as roaches, ants, termites, and fleas quickly. Our product also leaves behind a residue that kills pests for up to three months.
How to Apply Alpine WSG Safely
Alpine WSG is a DIY product that should be applied appropriately to eliminate pests. The product comes in packets of 0.4 Ounces, plus an instructional sheet that guides users. That said, there are steps you need to follow in order to apply the pesticide by yourself without harming your family and pets. Here is the step-by-step procedure:
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment(PPE): The first step is ensuring you cover your body well to avoid coming into contact with the product. You need gloves, shoes, a mask, and long sweatpants.
- Prepare the area: You must ensure the working area is conducive to avoid unnecessary accidents. For instance, ensure the area is well-ventilated and the leftover food is covered properly. You must also ensure the kids and pets are out of the treatment area.
- Mix with water: The most crucial step is mixing water and Alpine pesticide. You don’t want to mess up, which could render the whole process ineffective. Add one packet of Alpine WSG to 1 gallon of water and shake for about one minute. This will ensure the product mixes well with water.
- Apply the solution: After mixing with water according to the instruction, it is time to apply the solution to the targeted areas. The areas include cracks and crevices, on the walls, under the sink, baseboards and other areas where pests congregate.
- Allow the product to dry up: You need to allow the product to dry up before letting your family enter the house. Letting the product dry ensures no one inhales it since this could lead to health issues. 30 minutes to one hour is always enough for the product to dry up completely.
Dispose of the excessive pesticide: Dispose of any unused pesticides and equipment according to local regulations. Do not pour excess pesticide down drains or dispose of it in the trash. Disposing of the product down drains may harm aquatic life.
When is the Best Time to Apply Alpine WSG?
It is the dream of every homeowner to have a pest-free home. A pest-free home creates an enjoyable environment and ensures that these pesky creatures do not damage your properties. You may be asking yourself, when is an appropriate time to apply Alpine pesticide to ensure total elimination? Here is the best time to apply the product:
- Apply the product during the early stages of infestation: Applying the pesticide at an early stage will help you control pests’ multiplication. Therefore, you need to take immediate action whenever you notice a pest infestation. Some pests, such as German roaches, are always easy to notice since you can see them lingering in your home, especially under the sink
- Apply when the weather is dry: A dry and less windy day will ensure the product works well in an intended area. This is because the product will concentrate on one area rather than being carried away by the wind.
- Apply when the pest problem is localized: This will reduce the amount of product needed and help to prevent unnecessary environmental impact. Remember that this product is expensive, and that is why you don’t need a regular application, as this could drain your pocket
- Apply when the pests in your house have developed resistance to other products: Alpine is a powerful product ideal for eliminating pests when other products fail, or the pests you are trying to eliminate have developed resistance.
- Apply when pest activity is high: Most pests are active during springtime when most people are planting. Always ensure you are ready with your pesticide, especially when you are planning to carry out outdoor pest elimination.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Alpine WSG Work on Mosquitoes?
Yes, Alpine works perfectly well against mosquitoes. It is a broad-spectrum pesticide that works against various insects, including mosquitoes. The product has a fast mode of action and kills or knocks down pests over 70% flies within three hours of contact.
How Long is Alpine WSG Effective?
Unlike other products that only take seven days after diluting, Alpine pesticides can remain effective for up to 14 days. However, for the product to stay that long, you must agitate it enough to mix properly with water.
What Are the Side Effects of Alpine Pesticide?
Alpine pesticides can cause skin irritation, irritate the eye and affect the body’s internal organs when inhaled in large quantities. That is why you should always wear protective clothing before spraying the product.
Alpine pesticide is a safe insecticide for pests and humans when used as directed by the manufacturers. The pesticide can also eliminate various pests, making it economical for most homeowners. However, you should always keep pets away from the treated area until the product dries completely to minimize health problems.