Infestation of spiders can be an unpleasant surprise and a cause of distress. When it comes to getting rid of spiders, some homeowners may resort to pest control services for help, as it can be challenging to do so on your own. So, does pest control get rid of spiders?
Does Pest Control Get Rid of Spiders?
Yes, pest control can help eliminate spiders in your home and garden. Professional pest control services will use various techniques to eliminate spiders, such as chemical treatments or baiting traps. Chemical treatments are the most common way of getting rid of spiders.
The chemical treatment involves using a solid chemical spray to kill the existing spiders and deter new spiders from entering your home. Baiting traps are another way to get rid of spiders, as they use food scents to attract the spiders and trap them in a jar or other container.
However, it is essential to note that while pest control can help to get rid of spiders in your home, it is not a permanent solution. The spiders may return, and professional pest management services must be called in again to get rid of them. So, if you have a spider infestation, it is best to call professionals for help.
What Attracts Spiders to Your Home?
Sometimes you may find spiders around your home even if there is no infestation, and you may wonder why they are there. The following are some of the common reasons why spiders may be attracted to your home:
- Food: Spiders are attracted to places where food is available. Crumbs, pet food, and other food sources can attract spiders.
- Scent: Spiders may also be attracted to certain scents, such as fragrances, cigarette smoke, and even cleaning products.
- Clutter: Cluttered spaces can provide the perfect hiding place for spiders to nest and breed.
- Moisture: Spiders are attracted to moist environments. These may include basements, crawl spaces, and other damp areas.
Are Spiders Dangerous?
Generally, all spiders have some level of danger, as they produce venom that can be harmful. While many spiders have venom that is not considered dangerous to humans, some species can cause severe harm or even death if their bite is not treated correctly. The following are some of the most dangerous spiders found in the United States:
- Black widow spider: This spider is usually black and has a distinct red hourglass marking on its abdomen. The venom of the black widow is highly toxic and can cause severe symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, muscle pain, and difficulty breathing.
- Brown recluse spider: It is usually light brown and has a distinct violin-shaped marking on its back. The venom of the brown recluse is necrotic, which means that it causes tissue death. The bite of the brown recluse can cause pain, swelling, and difficulty breathing.
- The Wolf Spider: The spider is usually dark brown and has a distinct pattern of light stripes on its back. They usually hide in dark places and can be very aggressive. The wolf spider's bite can cause pain, swelling, and itching.
It is important to note that avoiding contact with spiders is best. If you do come across a spider in your home, it is best to contact a professional pest control service for help.
At Self Control Pest, we can provide you with the help you need to eliminate spiders in your home. Our professionals will use safe and effective methods to ensure your home is free of spiders.
What Are the Best Ways to Prevent Spiders From Entering Your Home?
The best way to avoid spiders in your home is to take preventive measures. This will help to keep new spiders from entering your home and reduce the chances of an infestation. The following are some tips for preventing spiders in your home:
- Seal up cracks and crevices around your home. This will help to keep spiders from getting into your house. Any opening larger than the thickness of a credit card should be sealed up.
- Eliminate clutter in your home. Clutter provides spiders with a perfect hiding place, so keeping your home free of clutter is best.
- Keep food stored properly. Food should be properly sealed and put away to avoid attracting spiders.
- Regularly clean your home. This will help eliminate any food sources that may be attractive to spiders. It will also help to remove any existing spiders.
- Use natural repellents. Vinegar is known to be the best natural spider repellent. It is effective at repelling spiders and is safe for children and pets.
- Contact a professional pest control service. A professional pest management service is important and can provide you with the help you need to eliminate spiders in your home. The professionals will also advise you on the best ways to keep spiders away.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Do Pest Control Companies Use to Kill Spiders?
Pest management companies use chemicals such as pyrethrins and pyrethroids to kill spiders. These chemicals are typically sprayed into cracks and crevices around the home. It is important to note that these pest control chemicals can be dangerous and toxic, and it is best to use them only when necessary.
What’s the Fastest Way to Get Rid of Spiders?
The fastest way to get rid of spiders is to contact a professional pest management service. The professionals will be able to identify the spider species and use the appropriate methods to eliminate them from your home. Other DIY methods, such as using natural repellents, can be effective though they may take longer to work.
Do Spiders Have Benefits in the Home?
Even though spiders can be unsettling, they offer some home benefits. Spiders are known to control other pest populations, as they feed on other insects, such as flies, mosquitos and beetles that might be infesting your home. They also help reduce the disease risk by feeding on pests that carry diseases.
Spiders can be a nuisance in your home, and regular monthly pest control is often necessary to get rid of them. There are a variety of chemical and natural methods that can be used to control and eliminate spiders. Ensure to take preventive measures to keep spiders from entering your home. Cheers!